Monday, June 27, 2011

warm rain in oxford :)

I thought this would be the perfect time to blog about the annoying alarm going off in the oriel hall, wow its horrible! Besides not having any peace and quiet the last few days here in oxford has been pretty good.

Sundays class was great because we got to go on a walk and we had class under a shade tree in the park. It was very warm out for Oxford, but I was in heaven. I love the heat, even though it is a bit more muggy here than in the States. There were people punting on the river, which looked very fun I can't wait to try it. A very inportant thing learned here in oxford is that on sundays not many things are open, if they are open its only for a very short time! Sunday was a nice day to read and chill at the EF center after class.


Todays walking tour was just magnificent. We went inside the Sheldonian theatre and the view from up top was awesome! You could see the Bodleian library area, the hills of oxford, and many other fabulous buildings. New College is also a college I would like to check out, from the outside it looked very cool. I got so many awesome pictures of the inside of the colleges; I can't believe how grand and detailed all the architecture is.

After the tour we went to a wonderful restaurant called the Crown. I had the best fish and chips ever!! Still getting used to paying first before getting the food. As we get up to leave I feel like I need to pay but I already have! Also not getting a water with your meal, most places you have to ask for water or get it yourself at the bar.  After our early dinner, we went shopping. Many shops close early, I couldn't believe by 6 pm all the stores close! I did get some very awesome shoes and they were on sale!score!

Now would probably be a good time to read and rest, i can't believe I still feel a bit jet lagged!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment